Applied Materials Manufacturing Engineer I New College Graduate - (E1) in Austin, Texas
Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional job progression. Typically has knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Launches, releases, approves and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and Operations with new and existing products.
Uses basic engineering and DFx principles to estimate and reduce manufacturing and/or product costs, and improve delivered product quality; determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements.
Writes and releases test procedures. Gathers operational and test data and evaluates results. Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies.
Assists in determining root cause analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems.
May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
- No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for developing technical contribution
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Has limited impact on own work team; works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
Up to 1 Years of Experience
Mechanical Engineering with Electrical/Testing Background preferred
Bachelors in Engineering Required
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: Texas-TX,Austin
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer I New College Graduate - (E1)
Requisition ID: 1704901
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: No Relocation