MedExpress Urgent Care Front Office Assistant Part-Time in Little Elm, Texas
General Position Description:
The Front Office Assistant will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files and provide support to patients and medical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome all MedExpress patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answering inquiries and directs them through the registration process.
- Utilizing a multi-line phone system, fax machine, printer, copier, and scanner to process patients through the MedExpress process.
- Registering patients, verifying insurance eligibility, and collecting payments through various software systems.
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, post patient balances and complete phone sheets.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment and professional appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Answering Multi-Phone Lines, Filing, Faxing, Scanning Documentation And Completing Daily Patient Callbacks.
- Discharge Patients, Assist Office And Clinical Staff And Close Office At End Of Night.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of basic computer software, and the ability to learn billing software and electronic medical records required
- Communicates well with patients and medical staff
- Prior experience in a medical office setting
- Ability to follow OSHA/HIPAA guidelines
Works well and effectively with all center staff, providers and center manager as well as area and regional leadership.
Center-Based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Also requires: travel to other Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
Healthcare, Medical, Center, Operations, Great Care. Fast, Urgentcare, Expanding, Customer Service, Receptionist, Secretary, Data Entry, Entry Level
About the Organization MedExpress opened the doors of its first location in Morgantown, West Virginia in 2001 to create a welcoming, considerate neighborhood medical center.
Since then, MedExpress has grown as part of our commitment to making sure patients in communities across the country have access to high-quality care when they need it. Today, we are uniquely positioned to address two of the largest challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system-access and affordability. By living our values of Genuine. Caring. Friendly® in everything we do, we have the amazing power to improve peoples' lives.
As we work to solve the challenges in health care today, we need individuals who will be brave enough to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. The ability to provide high-quality care and exceed our patients' expectations belongs to each of us-whether you are a physician in our center or part of our IT team in our administrative offices. It is our responsibility to bring it to life for every MedExpress patient.
Together, we can revolutionize health care.
At MedExpress, we believe a satisfying work environment makes our teams more successful at delivering the care and compassion needed. We offer:
Competitive salaries and benefits
Flexibility and balance
Appreciation and recognition
Be a part of the team that is redefining the healthcare experience - one patient at a time.
EOE Statement MedExpress strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Title: Front Office Assistant Part-Time
Category: Customer Service - Front Office
Location: Little Elm, TX (2774 E. Eldorado Pkwy., Suite 100)