TRC Companies Staff Environmental Engineer/Scientist/Geologist - Remediation in Midland, Texas
Entry Level Environmental Engineer/Scientist - Remediation
TRC is seeking an Entry Level Environmental Engineer or Scientist to join our Engineering, Construction, and Remediation (ECR) practice, at our Midland, TX office. The successful candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in the field of Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or a related field and should possess strong analytical, problem solving, and technical writing skills. The successful candidate will provide a support role for environmental investigation, site evaluation, permitting, remedial design, field services and construction for a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for government, private development, industrial, utility, and solid waste management clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to be part of a growing and high performing team.
Our Junior Environmental Engineers/Scientists:
- Support environmental projects, including site investigation and remediation, in the field and office.
- Perform and manage a variety of field work, including environmental assessments, environmental investigations, site inspections, and subcontractor oversight.
- Work independently on a project team.
- Prepare technical reports, feasibility studies, work plans, design documents, and construction documents.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of health and safety practices.
- Have excellent organization and planning skills.
- Travel regionally including multi-day/overnight assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Environmental or Civil), Geology, Hydrogeology or a relevant environmental science field of study from an accredited university.
- Minimum one (1) year of prior work experience in environmental consulting.
- Experience coordinating, performing and managing field work such as drilling oversight, soil logging, soil/groundwater/soil vapor sampling, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Master's degree in Engineering (Environmental or Civil), Geology, Hydrogeology or a relevant environmental science field of study from an accredited university.
- Three (3) years of prior work experience in environmental consulting.
- 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- Experience with development of work plans, site investigation reports, proposals, and cost estimates.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, GIS, ESRI, and/or HydroCAD
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Midland, TX - MID