Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Business Specialist - Kiewit Water Facilities South in Texas
Date: Sep 20, 2017
Location: TX, US
Requisition ID: 69481
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Responsible and accountable for the management of all business aspects of an assigned project.
• High level of involvement in the operations of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
• Troubleshooting job conditions, accounting, financial projections, payroll, purchasing, taxes, and managing subcontracts are all responsibilities of the position.
• Take part in forecasting revenue and costs.
• In addition to ensuring documentation is complete in supporting subcontracts, material contracts and owner progress estimates including bonding, insurance and lien releases.
• Work alongside business office personnel and field accounting staff including, office managers, reception, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and other office functions at the field site and/or project level.
• Relocation and/or travel is required.
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined approximately 30 days out from start date.
• Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or related field
• Knowledge of or familiarity with principal field business management systems: SAP, CMIS, PMIS and Prolog (P.O. and A/P)
• Must possess knowledge of basic accounting functions
• Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective presentation skills
• Works independently as well as part of a team
• Must be a self-starter willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred
• Candidates must also be able and willing to relocate with business needs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Facilities, Payroll, Architecture, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Entry Level