University of Texas Rio Grande Valley BIS ERP Graduate Assistant in Edinburg, Texas
- Currently admitted to the Graduate School
- Be in good academic standing
- Be registered full-time for the respective semester (nine semester credit hours during the fall semester, nine semester credit hours during spring semester, six semester credit hours during the summer session(s)), or in the required number of semester credit hours to fulfill the only remaining requirements on the degree plan.
Scope of Job
To provide entry level support during project implementation and post support for the functional departments on software applications assigned. Assist with all aspects of ERP and other application implementations, conversions, and process improvement responsibilities.
Discipline Specific Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems or Accounting.
- Fast learner
- Self starter
- Working knowledge of supported apps and services.
- Basic troubleshooting and analytical skill
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent customer service and multi-tasking ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Exchange, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- One (1) year of ERP related functional experience in areas assigned, such as Accounting, Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, etc. Related experience may be substituted for education on a 2-for-1 basis.
- Proficient in other software such as screen capture, MS Visio and web conference tools.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
Assistantship Title: Graduate Assistant
Job Class Code: 00096
Posting Number: A0076
Working Title: BIS ERP Graduate Assistant
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Business Information Systems
Division: Division of Finance and Administration
Salary: $4,780 semester
Number of Vacancies: 5
Desired Start Date: 03/01/2018
Open Date: 02/23/2018