L3 Technologies Aircraft Mechanic C - Structural in Greenville, Texas
Aircraft Mechanic C - Structural
1. This occupation requires a working knowledge of commercial and general aviation aircraft maintenance. Reliability, communications skills, workmanship and good judgment are essential traits.
2. Mechanics at all level are expected to perform work at increasing levels of skill and complexity as they gain experience.
3. Mechanics with sufficient training, skill and experience may develop expertise in specific disciplines. Some of these specific disciplines are: Electrical; Systems; Fuel cells; Heavy Structural Repair/Modification; Upholstery/Interior Finish.
Responsible for, but not limited to:
1. Cleaning the exterior or interior of aircraft by such operations as use of cleaning compounds; polishing surfaces, corrosion corrections and controls; spraying equipment and special cleaning chemicals.
2. Reporting of need for repairs noted while performing other duties
3. Mixing epoxies, adhesives, leveling compounds, sealants and using special cleaning solutions;
4. Completing necessary paperwork in a manner designated by the Company.
5. Working routing and repetitive discrepancies.
6. Performing rework as required.
7. Assisting higher rated employees in the performance of their duties.
8. Working from technical orders, blueprints, or other publications.
9. Examining notes or documents for hydraulic, pneudraulic, pneumatic, electrical, electro-mechanical and mechanical conditions, repairs, modifications, alterations, and/or installations performed on the airframe and/or power plants(s).
10. May assist higher rated employees with installing all types of electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical equipment wiring, wire bundles, and associated equipment when routing and installation requirements have been determined.
11. May assist higher rated employees with installing primary structural members when location and dimensions have been determined. Employees may input and retrieve production data into and from computer systems and buy off (work performed meets specifications) their own work.
12. Using fork lift trucks, small tugs, etc. to move support equipment and aircraft components within immediate work areas, but not to other hangar bays or to other areas across the field outside immediate work areas.
13. Performing other work as assigned that is incidental to primary job duties or other assigned work that may be performed safely using tools that are commonly available.
14. Clean-up of work areas, tools and equipment.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
1. Employees in this classification may work with and use all tools, materials, machines, instruments, and equipment necessary to perform their duties.
2. Management may determine that specific training or certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools, equipment, or assignments.
1. Normally requires one (1) year of hands-on aircraft maintenance experience or equivalent experience (either as an aircraft electrician, aircraft sheet metal worker, or aircraft systems mechanic work). A FAA - Airframe License substitutes for this requirement.
2. Must be able to become Product Quality Verification (PQV) Level I certified within 180 days.
3. Requires the ability to read and write English. A detailed analysis of essential job function physical and environmental factors is on file in the Human Resources Department and that First Air Center.
As with all position at Mission Integration candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
–minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity. We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Job Installation and Maintenance
Primary Location USA-Texas-Greenville
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Shift: Day - 1st
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Posting: Mar 8, 2018, 12:19:54 PM
Req ID: 096240