C&J Energy E Tech III in Pleasanton, Texas
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has since grown more than 400%. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
JOB TITLE: Electrician Technician III
Under minimal supervision, the Third level Electronics Technician performs basic safety and repair procedures on Company equipment, using rudimentary hand tools, measuring devices, and basic operations to include but not limited to: performing pre- and post-job equipment inspections, completing preventative maintenance procedures, and makes repairs as needed.
- Assists with equipment function checks and repairs at the facility and on location.
- Possess skills to operate various Company specific equipment.
- Possess skills to identify maintain and troubleshoot Company equipment.
- Performs maintenance on pumping and blending equipment under minimal supervision.
- Familiar with company purchasing process and policies.
- Takes an active and lead role in mentoring entry and lower level electronics technicians during repairs.
- Works under strict supervision with little or no flexibility in regards to work methodology. Job duties are highly defined and repetitive in nature.
- Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA's are followed.
- Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines.
- Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately.
- Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
- Perform the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Requires maintained eligibility to drive company vehicles.
- Develops an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
- Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
- Must participate in all company provided training.
- Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment". (if applicable)
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Heavy Work --Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in the excess of those for Medium Work.
- This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, push/pull, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
- Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation, and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
- Skills required for this position are typically acquired through completion of on the job training as an entry level Electronics Technician.
- Must possess a vast knowledge of sensors used in oilfield electronics, densitometers, viscometers, flow meters, and transducers.
- Must complete Nabors Electronics training upon hire.
- Must meet Competency Task List requirements for job role and complete Equipment Maintenance Task List.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Must have attained 2 to 3 years on the job electronics experience or completion of technical school in related field.
- Must possess complete knowledge of basic hand tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid state issued driver's license, licensure to drive commercial vehicles is preferred but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled